Sunday, July 07, 2013

Cub Scout Card

This is my latest design team project for ScrappyDew.  I have a nephew who is a cub scout and when I saw their Boy Scouts SVG files, I couldn't help but make him a card.
I made the outfit look just like my nephew's :)  The background behind the boy die cut is embossed with a swirls and stars embossing folder and the boy is adhered with foam tape.  I tried something different this time and used a peachy keen face stamp instead of the included face parts in the SVG file.
The finishing touches are some Beary Brown rumpled ribbon, a bottle cap with an epoxy overlay featuring the boy scout symbol in the SVG files, and the sentiment flag that I stamped.
Challenge winner at Little Scrap Pieces!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering Here:
July 8 Cuttlebug mania (letter B, boy scout, bottlecap, banner) (used swirls and stars embossing folder on white background)
July 9 Pink Cricut Link Up Tuesday
July 10 Crafty Ribbons
July 10 Word Art Wednesday
July 10 Cute Card Thursday (stripes on patterned paper and stars are embossed on the white)
July 11 Totally Paper Crafts
July 12 Little Scrap Pieces (stripes on patterned paper and stars are embossed on the white)
July 12 Jo's Scrap Shack
July 13 DL.ART
July 14 Creative Inspirations Paint
July 31 Connie Can Crop (star embossing and sentiment banner)
July 31 Every Day is an Occasion
July 31 Chalk N Stock 
July 31 An Inky Situation

16 comments:

  1. This is really sweet card that captures a great memory. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this in our challenge, Beth. Hope you're having a great week, and please stop by again soon. Your art is SO darling and fun!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, Beth.



    MichelleMyBelle
    DT Leader and Facebook ADMIN for ScrappyDew.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card hun, your newphew will love it, I am sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling little cub scout boy! Love the little face, so sweet! I also wanted to pop over to say congrats on your win at Scrap Happens-your 4th of July hat is amazing! Love all the details!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... Now how cute is this??? Fabulous job on this sweet card!! I love it!!!

    Bug hugs,
    Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh how stinkin cute is he??? Love him! So sweet! Thanks for playing with us this week at Jo's FFC!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, your little boy scout card is adorable!! Love his pinewood derby car too! lol Thanks for joining us at Jo's Funday Friday;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Beth!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes July Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for Linking Up at An Inky Situation. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
    An Inky Situation Page on Facebook
    :) Janis
    Shop Stampin' Up! with me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card. Can you tell us what Cuttlebug etc items you've used? Thank you for joining in at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I used a swirls and stars embossing folder on the white background paper.

      Delete
  11. Oh too CUTE!! look at this little guy dressed so dapper!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Beth :-) such a cute image,,, am sure your Nephew loves this ,,,, love the bottle cap too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card.

    Thanks for joining us at TPC this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH my he is so darling! I need to get my hands on him! LOL! I just love this precious card and am so glad you entered my challenge! New follower now too!
    Scrappy hugs,
    Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete