Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Happy Bird-Day Card!

Right now, there is a Punny challenge going on at DoubleClick Connections.  I rarely create cards that have that theme, so I had to reach out of my comfort zone a bit and just go for it!  Here is the result...
Trendy Twine and Paper Smooches stamps
 I used a stamp set from Paper Smooches called Birthday Buddies.  This card is also created with NO patterned paper and is CAS in style, also two things that I rarely do LOL!  I colored that fun bird with markers, added glossy accents to his eyes and beak, then added a few sequins.
Trendy Twine and Paper Smooches stamps
 I wrapped Celebration Trendy Twine around the front panel and tied it in a bow, then popped that panel up with foam tape.  A girl has to have a little dimension to her projects, right?
Trendy Twine
All in all, I am very happy with how it turned out and I think it will be great for one of my son's friends who has a birthday coming up.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering here:
April 12 Paper Smooches
April 30 DL. Art Monthly linky

13 comments:

  1. A great birthday card Beth. Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. We hope to see you back next week.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe... soooo CUTE! Sweet Bird-day card! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great CAS! Adorable! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I love the sentiment
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card! Love the CAS design and the adorable image you used! Great twine choice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous love CAS and this is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS design, Beth! Love the fun primary color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet! Love the little birdie!! Thank you for joining the Doubleclick Skittles challenge! Guest Designer - Payel (Beau Monde Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out awesome Beth! Such a fun little bird!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun! I love that wonderful little chick!!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craftin Desert Divas!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun, sweet card!! Love the touch that the twine and sequins add!!! So glad you joined us over at DoubleClick for the Funny/Punny challenge!!
    Taunya Butler(daisiesgirl.com)Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete