Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Triangle Succulent Box

Hello everyone! Beth from the DCWV Social Media Design Team here with an on-trend box that can be used for a gift box or simply for home decor!  It has a large 3D succulent on the lid, completely made out of paper.
Here are the stacks you will need to create this box...the brand new DCWV Copper Luxury stack (available in Joann Fabrics stores) and DIY Project Stack:  Paper Plants.
First of all, using the Copper Luxury papers, create your box.  I chose a triangle box that I cut from a SVG Attic file on my Silhoutte Cameo.  Yes, these brand new double sided paper stacks from DCWV cut beautifully with my cutting machine!  Distress the edges of the box if desired and assemble the box.
Next up, create your succulent using the guide in the back of DIY Project Stack:  Paper Plants.  I used the larger template for succulent 2.  I actually scanned the pieces into my cutting software and was able to cut them out with my Cameo very quickly using papers from the Copper Luxury stack.  Of course, you can trace them individually and cut them out by hand as well.
Here are all the petals that I ended up with after they were cut out.
I distressed the edges of the petals with Martha Stewart Crafts metallic acrylic paint in copper.  It matched the metallic copper treatment on the Copper Luxury papers so well!
I followed the assembly instructions for the succulent on the DIY Project Stack:  Paper Plants instruction page and glued it onto my triangle box with hot glue.  To finish it off, I added two banners from the Copper luxury stack and used hot glue to adhere Blue Moon Beads stone chips all over the top of the box.
A closeup of the succulent and the copper paint distressing.
A side view of the box, stone chips and the outside print of the paper on the succulent.  Don't the double sided papers in the Copper Luxury stack just take this whole project up a notch?!
Here is a flip through video of the gorgeous Copper Luxury stack:
How about you?  Are you a fan of the succulent trend?

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable treat box! Love the oversized succulent! Great tutorial on your project too! I am loving this stack so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE, LOVE your amazing box - you did a fab job

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. That copper paint is awesome. Your flower looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! Stunning!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete