Monday, May 15, 2017

Victorine Originals Challenge #2 ~ Flowers

Today is the start of Challenge #2:  Flowers on the Victorine Originals blog The card I created for inspiration includes a technique I recently saw in a video, and the Floral and Sayings stamp set from Victorine Originals was perfect to create it!
I started off by stamping the floral stamp with versamark and used white embossing powder to heat emboss it.  Then I added post-it notes along the line of the stamp to block off the parts I didn't want shaded by the inks.  The first color I used was Spun Sugar Distress Ink and worked from the center of the image out.  (Tip:  Always start your blending on the post-it note and work your way onto the cardstock to avoid harsh lines)  The other color I used was Shabby Shutters Distress Ink and that was on the outside of the pink.  Rotate the paper and do the same process on the bottom half of the stamped image.  Wipe off excess ink from the embossing using a paper towel.
I used Shabby Shutters Distress Ink to stamp the sentiment.  The dies I used are Gina Marie Designs scalloped stitched rectangles and stitched rectangles.  The cardstock I used is from DCWV's Fairytale Dreams and Whites special materials stacks.  Watermelon Taffy Trendy Twine and a few sequins finished off the card!
Want to see the other cards that I created using this stamp set?  Here are the links!
Purple Floral Thank You card
With Sympathy Floral Card
Floral Thank You Cards
Get Well Soon Floral Cards
Happy Birthday Floral Card

So, now on to the details on how to play along with the challenge...
Head on over to the Victorine Originals blog and check out their challenge post. You have two weeks to enter your project/s that follow this theme. They do not have to use Victorine Originals stamps on them. We can't wait to see what you create!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! I love the distress inked background, the colors work beautifully together! The layering of card stock accents the inked background so perfectly! Fun addition of the twine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Th color choice is so pretty and blends so well! I love the layers:) beautifully done!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOVE that stamp set! Your card is so beautiful Beth.. Love the distressing!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete