Friday, August 18, 2017

Victorine Originals Challenge #9 ~ Wings

Happy Friday! Today is the start of a new challenge at the Victorine Originals blog with the theme of "Wings". Here is what I created for inspiration!
 I started by creating the background for the bird cages with Canson XL Watercolor paper and used Distress Inks in Shaded Lilac, Mustard Seed, and Worn Lipstick with my aqua brush to watercolor.  I waited for that to dry then stamped the Victorine Originals Bird Cages stamp using Versafine Onyx Black ink and my stamp tool.  I carefully trimmed the stamped image apart and layered it on black cardstock, then adhered it to my card base.
 The sentiment is from the V.O. Elegant Sayings stamp set.  The enamel dots are from GMD Sunset colors.
Here is the wonderful inspiration board for the current challenge:
Head on over to the Victorine Originals blog and check out their challenge post. You have two weeks to enter your project/s that follow the above theme and/or color scheme. They do not have to use Victorine Originals stamps on them. We can't wait to see what you create!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to Victorine Originals?


You can find me at these links on Social Media:

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card here Beth, love the pretty shading too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love how you used the distress inks for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very pretty!! Love the background & bird cages stamp.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Beth!! The colors are beautiful!! I love the bird cages!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is soooo PRETTY! I LOVE the background colors and the bird cages look fantastic-- They really POP with the black layer... Have a great weekend!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete